Welcome to State of YOU (#140conf /#140You)
I am happy to announce my friend Mallika Chopra will be co-hosting the conference with me. We will have speakers from across the United States, Canada, Europe and Israel. The conference will be a platform for people to share their health and wellness journeys and connect with others who are also on a similar path. Our conference will offer a great chance to connect with Doctors / Authors and others who are actively contributing to the field of: Health, Wellness, Fitness & Food. There are a number of panels to cover some areas which are of specific interest to me including: The One Ton Panel, The Gluten Free Lifestyle Panel, The Living with Autoimmune Diseases, Living life with Fitness Gadgets and Apps.
If you would like to hear more about my own journey, I invite you to watch Episode 1 of “Exercising Judgement.” During the session, “My Journey”, as a symbool of my journey, I will attempt to perform a one arm push-up.
Some of our speakers include:
- AJ Jacobs (@ajjacobs) – Author of The Year of Living Biblically and Drop Dead Healthy.
- Angela Shelton (@angelashelton) – Author – Actor – Orator
- Caroline Rothstein (@cerothstein) – Writer, performer, and eating disorder recovery advocate
- Chelsea Roff (@ChelseaRoff) – Nationally-recognized author, speaker, and yoga instructor. She serves as Managing Editor for the Chopra family’s online media platform, Intent, and writes regularly for The Huffington Post, Yahoo, Care2, and Yoga Journal.
- Chris Brogan (@chrisbrogan) – CEO, Human Business Works
- Christin Miserandino (@bydls) – #lupus #fibro #health #hcsm #epatient #140conf blogger speaker #mom #spoonie hugger, lover of life and cupcakes. PR friendly Brand Ambassador
- Derek Flanzraich (@thederek) – ceo & founder, Greatist
- Dr. Kevin Campbell (@DrKevinCampbell) – Internationally-recognized cardiologist. On-air medical expert at NBC17 and national FoxNews guest. Using SoMe to transform healthcare!
- Dr. Kevin Jardine (@DrKJardine) – Founder of Feeling Pretty Remarkable as well as http://www.SpiderTech.com
- Dr. Lisa Ganjhu (@DrLisaGanjhu) – Board-certified Gastroenterologist/Hepatologist w/focus on obesity. That was me in Super Size Me movie. Physician-Educator. Sarcastic by nature.
- Dr. Peter Kash – Ed.D/MBA, biotech venture capitalist and international best selling author of Freedom from Disease.
- Dr. Stephen Gullo (@DrStephenGullo) – America’s first and only food strategist
- Dr. Terry Simpson (@DocSimpson) – Surgeon, skeptic, dad
- Greg Corbin (@JustGregPoet) – Speaker/Educator/Poet/Actor/Youth and Health Advocate
- Heather Frey (@SmashFit) – Founder SmashFit! Fit Expert NBC Miami Moms, Ricki Lake Community Fit Expert,trainer
- Hemi Weingarten (@Fooducate) – CEO & Founder, Fooducate
- Holly Perkins, CSCS (@Holly_Perkins) – CSCS, Fitness Expert, New Balance Fitness Ambassador, Promax DO’er, kale advocate.
- Jennifer Wilkov (@JenniferWilkov) – Radio show host, Best-selling author & book consultant
- Jesse Schenker (@JBSchef) – Husband, Father, Chef/Owner recette NYC
- Jordan Brown (@HuKitchen) – co-founder, Hu Kitchen
- Lori Shemek PhD, CNC (@LoriShemek) – America’s #1 Fat Loss Expert. Health Expert for ABC TV ‘GOOD MORNING TEXAS’ Best-Selling Author ‘FIRE-UP YOUR FAT BURN!’ Huffington Post ‘Top 16 Health Experts’
- Mallika Chopra (@mallikachopra) – Founder of http://www.intentblog.com & http://www.intent.com
- Mark D DeLacure, MD (@delacure) – Academic Head & Neck Oncologic Surgeon, Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon
- Mark Hyman, M.D. (@markhymanmd) – 6X NY Times bestseller. Mark Hyman, M.D. dedicated to transforming healthcare. Tackling the root causes of chronic illness through functional medicine.
- Meghan Telpner (@MeghanTelpner) – Nutritionista, author, vibrant health cheerleader, media personality, girl with a flowered bicycle and blue shoe laces.
- Murali Doraiswamy MD (@Duke_Medicine) – Professor Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, School of Medicine Duke Institute for Brain Sciences; Faculty, Member
- Nataly Kogan (@natalykogan) – co-founder and chief happiness officer @ Happier, Inc. I wear lots of orange, overuse ‘awesome’, and generally live in a hurry.
- Pablos Holman (@pablos) – Inventor at the Intellectual Ventures Lab
- Patsy Catsos, MS, RD (@CatsosIBSFreeRD) – Writing about FODMAPs and IBS
- Paul Williams (@IMPaulWilliams) – Academy Award-winning American composer, musician, songwriter, and actor.
- Sadie Kurzban (@SadieKurzban) – founder @305Fitness
- Dr Sayantani DasGupta (@Sayantani16) – Kids’ Doctor Turned Kids’ Writer, Pop Culture Fan, Parent.
- Shalhavit Simcha Cohen (@ShalhavitSimcha) – Miss Fitness Israel 2011 Creating Happiness on TV with Positive-Psychology
- Shannon Kadlovski (@ShannonKad) – Nutritionist, Speaker, Author of #GetTheGunkOut, Nutrition Expert for Healthy Helpings on Rogers TV. Believer in a realistic approach to healthy living.
- Tal Givoly (@givoly) – Passionate about innovation in general, and specifically in health, telecom, software, Internet, Medivizor (http://medivizor.com ), gadgets, and more.
- Tara Stiles (@TaraStiles) – American model turned yoga instructor and founder of Strala Yoga in New York City. She starred in Yoga For, the first instructional on-line yoga video series, produced by Ford Models.
- Ted Rubin (@TedRubin) – Chief Social Marketing Officer, Collective Bias
- Tracey Jackson (@traceyjackson4) – Screenwriter,documentary filmmaker, author,blogger.@GratitudeTrust
- Zoltan Becsak (@AskZoltan) – Personal Trainer (and Jeff’s Personal Trainer), NYHRC Great Neck
Our current speaker list can be found on the speaker page.
I learned a lesson 15 years ago when I lost my dad. Without good health, it is impossible to be there for your loved ones. What a great gift for your family if you can get yourself back into good health and maintain it.
Hope you can join us for #140You in NYC.
Hugs & Health,